Children of all ages are growing rapidly in every area of development – socially, physically, intellectually and emotionally. Developmentally appropriate activities and routines are planned and offer each child many opportunities for challenge and success. The curriculum includes both child and teacher directed activities in areas such as art, language development, science, drama, math readiness, social skills and music.
This is a typical schedule. There may be some variation depending of age group and special events, etc.
- 7:00 am to 8:00 am Breakfast and quiet activities
- 8:00 am to 9:00 am Stories, puzzles, and free play
- 9:00 am to 9:30 am Morning snack and clean up
- 9:30 am to 10:00 am Circle time / Story time
- 10:00 am to 10:45 am Academic / Artwork
- 10:45 am to 11:30 am Outside play and activities
- 11:30 am to 12:00 am Lunch / Clean up
- 12:00 pm to 12:15 pm Bathroom / Hand washing
- 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm Nap time
- 2:30 pm to 3:00 pm Clean up / Bathroom / Hand washing
- 3:00 pm to 3:30 pm Individual or group story reading time
- 3:30 pm to 4:00 pm Snack and clean up
- 4:00 pm to 4:30 pm Music / Movement / Art
- 4:30 pm to 5:15 pm Outside play
- 5:15 pm to 5:25 pm Bathroom / Hand washing
- 5:25 pm to 6:00 pm Quite activities / Preparation for going home
The Discovery Years is aware that children use lots of energy during the morning hours and need some quiet nap/rest time to rejuvenate their bodies for the afternoon activities. We have a rest period of 2 – 2 1/2 hours set aside each day for your child to nap/rest. We provide mats or cots for each child and ask that you bring a blanket and crib sheet each Monday and take home each Friday to launder and return them on Monday.